I’m preparing myself for the upcoming year. The first and (probably) the easiest thing to prep, is my book list. Alex posted his list, which encouraged me to do mine. I’m still planning on reading the VF book of the month, but I figured I’m going to need to read something other than smut for a whole year. I prodded my friends to help me come up with a list. It looks like a good one!
- Kushiel’s Dart by Jacqueline Carey
- Cat’s Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut
- The Shining by Stephen King
- The Wee Free Men by Terry Prachett
- Sabriel by Garth Nix
- Graceling by Kristen Cashore
- The Hot Zone by Richard Preston
- Gentlemen and Players by Joanne Harris (completed but no review)
- 1984 by George Orwell
- The First Counsel by Brad Meltzer
- The Bean Trees by Barbra Kingsolver
- Hunting Party by Elizabeth Moon
I reserve the right to not read the VF book of the month if I don’t like it. Although I will be requiring myself to read the “friend” book of the month. The order of this list doesn’t matter, I’ll read them in whichever way I see fit. (Either that or I’ll roll a d12.)
Next up: My crafting resolutions…
PS: One that was originally on the list but had to be shelved was The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.