Soon I’ll have my own immediate family to begin traditions with and it got me thinking about if I could choose a Thanksgiving menu what would it include.
- Corn pudding (Alex wouldn’t have it any other way)
- Green bean casserole (Probably steal the recipe from Sis-in-law)
- Sweet potatoes (Mom’s recipe of course)
- Green salad with cranberries and feta (I like the idea of something light and green)
- Rolls (Who doesn’t like rolls)
The meat portion gave me pause. I could go the traditional route and bake a turkey. I could be a little different and go chicken. (A family of 3 doesn’t need a large bird.) Or I could be completely off the wall and do something like duck or other game fowl.
After talking this over with Alex, we agreed that if we had the choice (and resources) we’d like a smoked turkey. Of course Alton Brown has a recipe for just this purpose. Give me a few years and I may be attempting such a recipe.
I hope everyone’s Thanksgiving (or normal Thursday) is full of their own traditions and happy families.